26.01.2020 Governor’s message on Republic Day
Message to be delivered by H.E. Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Governor of Maharashtra on the occasion of 70th Anniversary of the Indian Republic on Sunday, 26th January, 2020 at Shivaji Park, Mumbai.
Brothers and Sisters,
1. I extend my heartiest greetings and best wishes to the people of Maharashtra on the occasion of 70th anniversary of the Indian Republic.
2. माझा मराठाची बोलू कौतुके I परी अमृतातेही पैजा जिंके I
I bow down in reverence to Saint Dnyaneshwar who maintained that in comparison, Marathi excels even nectar and therefore I speak in this sweet language.
At the outset, I pay my humble tributes to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Mahatma Jotirao Phule, Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj, Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar and other greater social reformers
3. Maharashtra Government is committed to accelerate the work of world class memorial of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. The forts and fortresses of Maharashtra are our rich heritage. The State Government is endeavouring to protect and these. As per the development plan of the Raigad Fort, we are committed to speed up the development works.
4. Brothers and Sisters, the Government has given impetus to the work of memorial of Bharat Ratna Dr. Babsaheb Ambedkar at Indu Mill and recently, decided to increase height of the statue of the proposed memorial. This international memorial will inspire the world to fight against injustice and inequality.
5. I reiterate that, by following the path laid by our great social reformers, we are committed to give highest priority to the all-inclusive development of the underprivileged sections of the society.
6. Agriculture is the foundation of State’s economy. If the foundation is strong, the economy gets a boost. This is possible only if farmers are happy and content. This only can be achieved by empowering farmers. We are endeavouring to make farmers debt free and stress free. For this we have implemented ‘Mahatma Jotirao Phule Farmer Loan Waiver Scheme’. The short term crop loan taken from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2019 is being restructured under the scheme. The scheme will be implemented in a time-bound manner. The new scheme will be implemented for farmers with outstanding crop loan amount of over Rs. two lakh. Also, we are considering to introduce new scheme to encourage farmers for timely repayment of crop loans. Measures need to be taken for effective implementation of Crop Insurance Scheme in the State. The Government has constituted a cabinet sub-committee in this regard.
7. Sant Gadge Baba taught to Give Food to the hungry I Water to the thirsty I Employment to the unemployed I Courage to the distressed and frustrated I I.
I am glad to announce that from today, Shivbhojan Yojana has been launched by us. Now, poor and needy people will get affordable meal for Rs. 10. The scheme is being implemented at the district headquarters and municipal areas, and will be implemented in phases. I am sure, this innovative initiative of getting food at affordable rate will definitely be successful.
8. Maharashtra is an industrially advanced State of the country. In the coming time, the Government will give priority quickly solve the problems faced by the industry. Diversified industrial development will be done in the State. The Government intends to bring about radical change in the fields of agriculture, education, employment through the contribution of entrepreneurs.
9. A great thought in Marathi says ‘ केल्याने देशाटन, मनुजा चातुर्य येतेस फार’ which means Globe –trotting makes a man much wiser! To promote forest tourism in the State, a joint Committee of Tourism Development Corporation and Forest Development Corporation has been constituted. By developing Forest Tourism, more employment can be generated.
10. There is a Abhang by Saint Tukaram which says, वृक्षवल्ली आम्हा सोयरे वनचरे I पक्षी ही सुस्वरें आळविती I It means Trees, creepers and the creatures of the forest are my kith and kin, and birds that sweetly sing. Maharashtra is leading in the forestry progamme, wildlife protection and nature tourism. The State Government is giving emphasis on increasing the tree cover, mangroves and protecting wildlife in the State.
11. There are more than eight lakh Self Help Groups in the State which are run by women. We have decided to focus on their empowerment. Also, while strengthening the Self Help Groups through Skill Development Programmes, the Government is trying to make widows, especially of martyred heroes and widows of farmers who have committed suicide, abandoned and divorced women, self-reliant. I am sure, by implementing such programmes for various disadvantaged sections of the society will help such people to become financially independent.
12. Information Technology has made our lives far easier. By making maximum use of this technology, the administration is trying to become more people-oriented, speedy and transparent.
13. The State Government has taken several decisions to increase conviction rate, resulting in punishment to increased number of criminals, compared to early. A forensic lab will help in crime detection. Hence, large number of Forensic labs will be set up.
14. This is the sixtieth year of creation of Maharashtra. In last sixty years, State has made remarkable progress in agriculture, industry, technology, art, sports, music, education sectors. The history of Marathi theatre is glorious and its present and future are bright. This movement has completed 175 years and a museum will be set up in Mumbai to commemorate its glorious history. This museum will allow world to see a united spectacle of such theatre movement.
15. The longest sea bridge in the country is being constructed in the State. Recently construction work of putting up of first girder of Sewri-Nhava-Sheva project i.e. Mumbai Trans Harbour Link was launched. This is an ambitious project of India connecting Mumbai to Navi Mumbai. This will speed up the public transport in the region.
16. In the history of Mumbai, the most ambitious ‘Nariman Point to Worli Coastal Road’ project, has been inaugurated. The Coastal Road Project connecting Mumbai city and the western suburbs will be completed soon.
17. Recently, the State Road Safety Week was observed. The State Road Safety Mission is being implemented across the State to reduce number of road accidents. Mobile Investigation Squads have been appointed for traffic discipline.
18. Along with the development of cities, environment protection is also equally important. Environmental considerations will be emphasised in the development planning. The single used plastic and thermocol items are banned and the ban is being effectively implemented.
19. Facilities for waste collection, transportation, segregation of wet and dry waste are being made. The pilot projects in thirteen cities have been successful in processing old stored waste. To make State, waste free, a State- level integrated plan has been prepared to implement Amrut Van Project in all cities of the State.
20. Special type of books and study materials have been made available to the students with special needs to bring them in mainstream of education. It has benefitted over 2.5 lakh divyang students in the State. I am sure, that special skills will be utilised by the State alongwith development of personality of the divyangs. Maharashtra will always remain at forefront for creating divyang- friendly facilities at the public places.
21. In tribal areas of Nashik, Thane, Amravati and Nagpur divisions, a Sports Excellence Centre of Sports Academy will be set up in a phased manner. This will enhance the sports skills of tribal youth.
22. As medical treatment is becoming expensive, the priority is to provide affordable medical care to the people. The main objective of the Government is to provide affordable medical care to the people.
23. Along with Mantralaya, Chief Minister’s Medical Assistance Cell has also been started in Nagpur. The Chief Minister’s Secretariat Centres have been set up in all divisional offices of the State to save the time, labour and money of ordinary people coming all the way from rural areas to Mumbai to solve their grievances.
24. बहू असोत सुंदर संपन्न की महा I प्रिय अमुचा एक महाराष्ट्र देश हा I Our Maharashtra is dear to us, let it be beautiful and Prosperous. It is our responsibility to the follow the Constitution of the country. On this Republic Day, let us reaffirm our commitment to strengthen the democratic values enshrined in the Constitution and to rededicate ourselves to work for creating Strong, Progressive and All Inclusive New Maharashtra.
Jai Hind! Jai Maharashtra!!