Governor addressed the Joint Session of the Maharashtra State Legislature at Vidhan Bhavan
HON’BLE CHAIRMAN, HON’BLE SPEAKER AND HON’BLE MEMBERS
1. It gives me great pleasure to welcome all of you to the first Session of State Legislature for the year 2019.
2. The high ideals laid down by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule, Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj and many other great leaders and social reformers continue to inspire my Government to serve the people of the State.
3. My Government strongly condemns cross border terrorism and pays homage to the martyr soldiers and paramilitary personnel who laid their lives at Pulwama and across the Country. My Government is committed to assist the Government of India in combatting terrorism and cessationist activists.
4. My Government is sensitive to the constitutional rights and privileges of the Marathi-speaking people of 865 villages claimed by my Government in relation to Maharashtra-Karnataka border. My Government is continuing to take a firm stand in the matter pending in the Supreme Court.
5. My Government has issued work order for construction of the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Memorial in September 2018. All legal issues are being addressed to ensure that the physical work proceeds without any hindrance and the project is completed in the time-bound manner.
6. My Government pays homage to the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th birth anniversary. To propagate his thoughts and ideals to the new generation, various programmes are being organised in the State.
7. The State received 76 per cent of the normal rainfall during the last monsoon. In the month of September, the State received only 28 per cent of the normal rainfall, which was the lowest during the last 17 years. Considering this situation, my Government has declared drought in 151 talukas and 268 revenue circles. My Government has also declared drought like situation in additional 931 villages in 50 revenue circles.
8. In addition to providing financial assistance to farmers in drought affected areas, my Government has also granted exemption in land revenue, restructuring of co-operative loans, stay on recovery of crop loans, subsidy of 33.5 per cent in current electricity bills for agriculture pumps, exemption in examination fees for school and college students, relaxation in norms of works under EGS, providing tankers for drinking water, wherever necessary and stopping disconnection of electricity for agricultural pumps.
9. Apprehending fodder scarcity, my Government has sanctioned adequate funds to provide fodder seeds and fertilizers to the famers on 100 per cent subsidy basis for fodder cultivation. My Government is taking necessary steps to start fodder camps wherever required.
10. To provide relief to the drought affected areas in the State, my Government has decided to restart Drinking Water Supply Schemes which are closed due to pending electricity bills, by paying those bills and has also decided to pay the current electricity bills for the period from November 2018 to June 2019.
11. Pursuant to my Government’s Policy to take various measures in the drought affected areas, the State Road Transport Corporation has initiated the process of recruitment, for more than 4,400 posts of drivers and conductors in those areas.
12. My Government has launched the World Bank assisted “Maharashtra State Agri-Business and Rural Transformation Project (SMART)” for Rs. 2,220 crore to be implemented in next 6 years. This project envisages establishment of Farmers Producers’ Organizations (FPOs) for marketing and processing of agricultural produce with a linkage to 40 private companies.
13. To promote quality seed production and to maintain the seed replacement ratio, my Government has taken decision to provide financial assistance to seed producing farmers equivalent to the difference between APMC price and MSP through Mahabeej, Akola and National Seed Corporation, Pune.
14. To achieve the objective of doubling the farmers’ income by 2022, my Government has started “Bhausaheb Fundkar Horticulture Plantation Scheme” to promote horticulture plantation in the State, with a cost of Rs. 22.50 crore in the current year.
15. With the object of reducing the input cost of farmers and to improve crop productivity, my Government has introduced “State Sponsored Agriculture Mechanization Scheme” to provide financial assistance to the farmers who are not covered under the Central Government Scheme.
16. To tackle the surplus production of milk in the State, my Government has granted an incentive of Rs. 50 per kg for exporting Skimmed Milk Powder. Besides, a subsidy of Rs. 5 per litre has also been granted to the milk supplying farmers with the total expenditure of Rs. 188 crore. Another subsidy of Rs. 3 per litre was given for conversion of milk into SMP in May 2018 with the total expenditure of Rs. 54 crore.
17. My Government has sanctioned Rs. 22.56 crore for SWAYAM Project implemented in 104 ICDS Blocks of 16 Tribal Districts in the State. The project is aimed to provide self-employment in tribal areas through promotion of Backyard Poultry and supplementation of eggs to children in Anganwadis to reduce malnutrition.
18. Under the Centrally Sponsored Programme of “Blue Revolution”, my Government is implementing 31 fisheries projects worth Rs. 176 crore, which include Cage Culture, construction of new ponds, supply of insulated vehicles and construction of ice plants etc.
19. To give a boost to Marine Fisheries Infrastructure, my Government has started the massive work of modernisation of Sasoon Dock with a cost of Rs. 96 crore. A major fish landing Port Project at Karanja, Dist. Raigad worth Rs. 150 crore has been undertaken, which on completion will decongest Sasoon Harbour.
20. My Government has also started construction of fishery harbour at Mirkarwada Dist. Ratnagiri Phase-2 with a cost of Rs. 74 crore. Another major fishery harbour at Anandwadi Tal. Devgad, Dist. Sindhudurg is being implemented with a cost of Rs. 88 crore.
21. My Government has implemented “Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Shetkari Sanman Yojana” which is unprecedented in terms of coverage of beneficiaries, amount of assistance and regional distribution particularly to the farmers in Vidarbha and Marathwada. I am happy to note that till date out of an amount of Rs. 24,000 crore sanctioned for about 51 lakh accounts of farmers, an amount of Rs. 18,036 crore has been transferred to more than 43 lakh accounts of farmers.
22. To promote and strengthen the co-operative movement by assisting newly registered primary agriculture and allied co-operative societies, my Government has started “Atal Arthsahay Yojana” with an outlay of Rs. 500 crore.
23. To support the farmers to get better price for their produce, my Government procured 40.10 Lakh quintals of pulses, 2.62 lakh quintals of Soyabean and 19.47 lakh quintals of chana during the kharip season 2017-2018. Nearly Rs. 3,121 crore was paid to more than 5 lakh farmers as a part of MSP procurement.
24. To give relief to onion producing farmers affected by the steep fall in market price in 2018-2019, my Government has decided to grant subsidy of Rs. 200 per quintal to those who sold their crop in APMC during November 2018 to 31st January, 2019.
25. Under the Central Government’s Minimum Support Price Scheme, my Government is implementing the “Decentralized Procurement Scheme” for Paddy in the State from Kharip Marketing Season 2016-17. The Marketing Federation and Tribal Development Corporation procured paddy/coarse grains through online process. Remuneration of Rs. 486 crore has been transferred online in the bank accounts of more than 1 lakh farmers.
26. Under various Schemes, my Government has constructed more than 1.5 lakh irrigation wells in the last four years and around 50,000 wells are under construction.
27. Under the “Farm Ponds on Demand” Scheme, my Government has constructed more than 1.30 lakh farm ponds which will provide relief to farmers in the drought prone areas.
28. After successful implementation of the flagship programme “Jalyukta Shivar Abhiyan”, my Government is committed to make nearly 22,000 villages drought-proof by May 2019.
29. Under the “Galmukta Dharan Galyukta Shivar” through peoples’ participation, my Government has successfully excavated 3.23 crore cubic metre of silt from 5,270 reservoirs benefitting thousands of farmers.
30. Under the “Samruddha Maharashtra Jankalyan Yojana” in convergence with MGNREGA, my Government has been able to generate employment of more than 6 crore person days by spending over Rs. 1,800 crore in the current financial year.
31. My Government has accelerated the pace of construction of 26 incomplete irrigation projects included in “Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchan Yojana” to commission them in the next 3 years. This will create additional irrigation potential of 5.56 lakh hectares. Four projects have been completed and 594 Million Cubic Meters of water storage and 1.25 lakh hectares irrigation potential have been created under this scheme.
32. My Government has increased the storage capacity of Gosikhurd Project to 832 Million Cubic Meters. Out of created irrigation potential of 74,450 hectare, 56,000 hectare area has been irrigated.
33. Under the “Baliraja Jalsanjivani Yojana”, my Government has decided to complete 91 projects in next 4 years, with a total investment of more than Rs. 15,000 crore, creating irrigation potential of 3.76 lakh hectare. Besides, my Government has completed 46 out of 102 projects so far, for removal of backlog in Vidarbha region.
34. My Government has taken a new initiative for piped distribution network for irrigation. A plan covering nearly 6.15 lakh hectare area has been envisaged out of which, works on 44,000 hectare have been completed while works on 90,000 hectare are in progress.
35. After the successful beginning of the massive Tree Plantation Programme of planting 50 crore trees in 2017, my Government has successfully planted 15.88 crore trees in July 2018 surpassing the target of 13 crore. I appeal to all sections of society especially all Members of this august house to participate in this programme during the coming monsoon enabling my Government to achieve the target of 50 crore.
36. My Government is committed towards protection of wildlife and Conservation of Wildlife habitats. In order to provide inviolate areas for wildlife, my Government has declared about 153 sq.km area in Chandrapur district as “Ghodazari Wildlife Sanctuary”.
37. For releasing new connections to approximately 2.5 lakh paid-pending agricultural pump applicants as on 31st March, 2018, my Government has announced a new scheme called “High Voltage Distribution System”, with an investment of Rs. 5,048 crore. Under this scheme, electric connection is being provided with a separate distribution transformer for every two agricultural pumps.
38. My Government is implementing “Mukhyamantri Agricultural Solar Feeder Scheme” in which agricultural pumps will be provided electricity during day time through solar power. The pilot projects at Ralegansiddhi, Dist. Ahmednager and Kolambi, Dist. Yavatmal for 2 Mega Watt each, have already been commissioned, benefitting around 1,000 farmers. Similar solar energy projects for 1,400 MW capacity are being planned.
39. To enhance the power infrastructure in the State, my Government has proposed to commission 35 new Extra High voltage sub-stations with capital expenditure of around Rs. 3,202 crore in the next two years.
40. In the last four years, my Government has been successful in energizing nearly 4.4 lakh agricultural pumps in the State. Power infrastructure is being strengthened under “Din Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana”, “Integrated Power Development Scheme” and “SAUBHAGYA” i.e. Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana.
41. My Government has achieved the target of electrification of 100 per cent villages in the State. Under the “Saubhagya Scheme”, for electrification of un-electrified households, nearly 11 lakh households have been electrified.
42. After assuming power in 2014, my Government has completed about 6 lakh houses in rural areas under PMAY, Ramai Awaas, Shabari Awaas, Pardhi Awaas and Aadim Awaas Yojanas giving a major boost to rural housing. My Government had organized e-Gruhapravesh of 2.44 lakh houses completed under PMAY-Gramin by the Hon’ble Prime Minister at Shirdi in October 2018.
43. Pucca houses constructed by encroaching on Government lands prior to 2011 shall also be regularized by my Government under the Rural Housing Schemes.
44. My Government is seriously addressing the housing needs of police personnel. The Maharashtra State Police Housing and Welfare Corporation has planned to construct nearly 38,000 quarters for Police officers and employees for which financial assistance to the tune of Rs. 218 crore has been earmarked.
45. My Government is committed to provide “Housing for All” in urban areas of the State. Against the target of constructing 19.4 Lakh houses by 2022 under the PMAY (Urban), more than 26 Lakh people have registered their demand. My Government has sanctioned 458 projects comprising over 9 lakh houses across the state with the total project cost of Rs. 1 lakh crore. This scheme covers 384 out of 395 ULBs and various regional planning authorities in the State.
46. My Government has also initiated world’s largest affordable housing project for rehabilitation of Beedi workers, comprising 30,000 houses on PPP Basis at Ray Nagar in Solapur district, with a project cost of Rs. 1,811 crore.
47. My Government has also undertaken several other initiatives to boost affordable housing. Maharashtra is the first state to design PPP for Private developers to come forward and develop Affordable Housing in partnership with MHADA. About 1.85 Lakh houses have already been sanctioned under this policy.
48. Further, my Government has setup “Maharashtra Housing Development Corporation” with an objective of developing Mega Projects. Under the Joint Venture Policy, land will be contributed by private partner, and construction, designing, finance, allotment etc. shall be done through MHADA, which has been declared as a “Special Planning Authority” to facilitate single window approval.
49. To realize the concept of comprehensive development, Housing for All and Slum-free City, my Government has decided to accommodate non-protected slum dwellers upto 1st January, 2011, on cost basis, within the same redevelopment project. As per Census 2011, more than 11 lakh slum dwellers from Mumbai will benefit from this decision.
50. As per the recommendations of the “Maharashtra State Backward Class Commission”, the State Legislature has enacted a law to provide for 16 per cent reservation of seats for admission in educational institutions and for appointment in direct recruitment in public services under the State for SEBC. This fulfils the commitment given by my Government for the welfare of the said community. Moreover, my Government is also committed to address the demands of under-privileged communities like Dhangar, Vadar, Parit, Kumbhar and Kolis in due course of time.
51. In order to facilitate doubling the income of farmers, my Government has decided to fill the vacant posts in 14 Administrative Departments including Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Health, Rural Development, School Education, Water Resources, Public Works, etc. The process of recruitment is in progress in accordance with the State Reservation policy which includes 16 per cent reservation for SEBC.
52. My Government is committed to implement 10 per cent reservation for Economically Backward classes as notified by the Government of India.
53. Taking note of the difficulty in tracing the parentage of orphan children resulting in the absence of a valid caste certificate and hence denial of reservations in educational institutions and Government jobs, my Government has provided 1 per cent vertical reservation from open category.
54. I am proud to announce that my State has become Open Defecation Free by implementing the “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”. I commend the efforts put in by the Panchayati Raj Institutions and Urban Local Bodies in achieving this.
55. My Government has announced a pension to those who were imprisoned during the period of national emergency from 1975 to 1977. A monthly pension of Rs. 5,000 for those imprisoned for less than a month and Rs.10,000 for those imprisoned for more than a month, is being provided to the eligible persons with effect from January 2018.
56. My Government has initiated a number of citizen-centric schemes to enhance the affordability and access of public transport. Accordingly, MSRTC has provided free travel passes for a period of six months starting 15th November 2018, to school and college students in 256 drought affected Talukas, benefitting 7 Lakh students. To support the education of talented children of MSRTC staff, the “Savitribai Jyotiba Phule Scholarship Yojana” and “Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Education Advance Yojana” have been started. The facility of free travel has also been extended for all girl students studying in classes 5 to 12, under the “Ahilyabai Holkar Yojana.”
57. In order to provide medicines to State Transport passengers at affordable rates and at convenient locations, generic medicine centres are being set up at MSRTC Bus Stations, under “Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana.”
58. Under the “National Food Security Act, 2013”, around 7 crore beneficiaries in the State are being provided cereals. My Government has decided to distribute Chanadal and Urad dal in addition to Turdal at subsidized rates.
59. Under “Ujjwala Yojana,” 35 lakh families of the State have been allotted gas connections in 2018 thereby reaching total connections in the State to the tune of 3 crore.
60. My Government has provided 5 per cent reservation to handicapped in housing schemes.
61. To enhance the resilience of the targeted households to cope with vagaries of nature, my Government has approved “Maharashtra Rural Women’s Enterprise Development Project ” (Nav Tejaswini) through MAVIM and IFAD with an approved cost of Rs. 529 crore, generating employment opportunities for over 10 lakh households.
62. The centrally sponsored “One Stop Centres” scheme is being implemented in the State from 2018, to provide residential, medical, legal, psychological and counselling support to women affected by domestic violence under one roof in all the districts. Centres in 24 districts are already functional.
63. The annual family income limit for the “Rajashri Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulka Shishyavrutti Yojana”, and “Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruha Nirvaha Bhatta Yojana”, implemented for the students of economically weaker sections has been increased from Rs. 6 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh from Academic Year 2018-19.
64. My Government has directed to review the cases of allotment of lands under Class-II category to refugees from western Pakistan by converting them into free hold and correcting the record of rights by taking suo-motu action. Thereby, 31 Sindhi colonies in the state will be benefitted.
65. My Government has decided that the widows or legal heirs of martyrs in war or warlike situations or any such action will be allotted unoccupied agricultural land, free of occupancy price, without auction to support their livelihood.
66. Lands held in Vidarbha region on Bhumidhari or Bhumiswami tenure, with restrictions on transfer, have been converted into free hold by my Government without payment of premium benefitting around 45,000 tenure-holders.
67. My Government has decided to allow conversion of tenure of lands allotted for agricultural, residential or commercial purpose on payment of premium ranging from 25 to 50 per cent of market value of such land. This will enable holders of such lands to transfer and develop their lands freely.
68. My Government has decided to convert the Nazul lands in Vidarbha region into the Free-hold lands benefitting lessees and promoting Ease of Doing Business.
69. My Government has commissioned a state wide “Maharashtra State Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) and Services Portal.” The benefits will be transferred through Aadhaar Linked Bank Accounts. Phase-1 covers an e-Scholarship module, covering 39 schemes pertaining to scholarships across 6 Administrative Departments.
70. To bring transparency and speed in recruitment for Government jobs, my Government has launched an end-to-end online “Mahapariksha” portal. Recruitment for over 64 different cadres by 19 departments has already been conducted. Over 10 lakh candidates participated leading to the final selection of 4,981 candidates.
71. For effective implementation of the “Maharashtra Right to Public Services Act”, my Government has set up 28,646 “Aaple Sarkar Seva Kendras” with the objective of providing online services to the citizens. Over 6 crore citizens have used this facility so far, getting their issues resolved through this portal.
72. Considering ill effects of plastic and thermocol on environment, my Government has banned single use plastic and thermocol cutleries, plastic and non-woven bags across the State. This has also resulted in reduction of 50 per cent of plastic waste generated in local bodies.
73. My Government has finalized the Coastal Zone Management Plans of 5 coastal districts, which will help in sustainable development of coastal areas and protection and conservation of mangroves, mudflats, corals, etc., and will also ensure regulated and planned development of tourism, recreational activities on water front and housing.
74. My Government worked closely with the Ministry of Environment to finalise the CRZ Notification, 2018, which provides for a setback line of 50 meters for tidally influenced water bodies such as creek, river, nalla and bay. Affordable housing and slum redevelopment will receive a boost under the new provisions, as it enables redevelopment as per the DCRs applicable on the date of publication.
75. The State Knowledge Management Centre on climate change has been established in the State to collate and disseminate information on climate related issues and to build capacity of the State for implementation of “Climate Change Adaption Action Plan.” Funds of Rs. 2.6 crore have been released by Government of India for the same.
76. My Government has established 11 Special Courts in the State to fast-track cases related to physically disabled, senior citizens and neglected sections of Society.
77. My Government has started construction of 117 court buildings in the State. Administrative approval to another 38 new works has been given. Besides, administrative approval to 29 new works of construction of residential quarters for the judicial officers of subordinate judiciary is given, while 79 such works are in progress.
78. My Government has taken the issue of claims of tribals under the Forest Rights Act through a mission mode called “Vanmitra Mission”. Claims of over 33 lakh acres of forest land have been approved so far.
79. My Government has initiated Basic Life Support ambulance and facility of AYUSH doctors in 14 ITDP areas, in which 301 Government Ashram schools, 8 Eklavya Residential Ashram schools and English medium schools have been covered. A computerized health card will be compiled by collecting health information of about 85,000 students.
80. In order to make educational facilities available on the basis of Low Gross Enrolment Ratio, lower proportion of girl students, and backward class population, NITI Aayog has identified Nandurbar and Washim Districts, to establish New Model Degree Colleges in Maharashtra. My Government has sanctioned Rs. 37 crore for two Model Degree Colleges.
81. In order to expand the opportunities for education in foreign universities for the Scheduled Caste students from the State, my Government is giving scholarship to 75 students every year from the year 2018-19. Similarly, 10 qualified students belonging to VJNT, OBC and SBC category will also receive scholarship every year.
82. I am proud to say that as per ASER Report, 2018 on school education, learning outcomes of school children in Maharashtra Government Schools, including reading and mathematical skills, have improved considerably, compared to private schools and schools in other states.
83. By establishing “Pavitra Online Portal”, my Government has ensured that recruitment for the post of Shikshan Sevak will henceforth be done on-line, thereby ensuring transparent, merit based selection of teachers.
84. With a view to bring out-of-school children into the formal schooling system, my Government is implementing “Balrakshak Movement”. Around 54,000 out-of-school children including children of migratory workers, begging children, children living on railway platforms have been admitted to schools.
85. To cater to the local needs, my Government has decided to establish a 100 bedded Cancer Hospital at Chandrapur with the financial support from Tata Trust and District Mining Foundation, Chandrapur.
86. My Government has decided to set up a Super specialty Hospital under Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai with an estimated cost of Rs. 779 crore.
87. Under “Pradhanmantri Jan Arogya Yojana”, my Government has provided insurance coverage up to Rs. 5 lakh, per family per year, to 83.72 lakhs families registered under SECC. In addition to this, the aforesaid families are entitled to benefits under “Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana.”
88. I am happy to announce that due to the sustained efforts of my Government under “Intensified Home Based New Born Care Scheme” and “Special New Born Care Units” for sick neonates, the infant mortality rate in the State has substantially reduced to 19 per thousand live births. Similarly, by implementing “Janani Suraksha Yojana” and “Surakshit Matrutva Yojana”, my Government has succeeded in bringing down maternal mortality rate to 61 per lakh child births.
89. My government has initiated several Industry-friendly policies during the last 4 years and also organized events like “Make in India Week” and “Magnetic Maharashtra Convergence Summit 2018”. As a result the State has attracted Rs. 3.36 lakh crore Foreign Direct Investment. Maharashtra continues to be the leading State in attracting FDI in India.
90. Consequent to sub-sectoral policies announced by my Government, especially Information Technology Policy, Electronics Policy, Defence and Aerospace Policy, the State is expected to attract Rs. 14,500 crore investment with 1.15 lakh employment generation.
91. My Government has introduced “Balasaheb Thackeray Smruti Matoshri Grampanchayat Bandhani Yojana” to construct Gram Panchayat buildings in the villages which do not have their own office buildings. Under this Yojana, office buildings in 477 villages have been approved.
92. Under the “Chief Minister Gram Sadak Yojana” declared by my Government, up-gradation of existing rural roads is being executed in a big way. Out of the sanctioned road length of 22,360 km, nearly 6,900 km road length has been completed and work orders for 13,460 kms road length have been issued, so far.
93. My Government has sanctioned improvement of 10,500 kms of State Highways costing Rs.30,000 crore under the Hybrid Annuity Model. At present ‘Letter Of Authority’ has been given to 132 packages.
94. I am happy to inform that my Government, after completing the land acquisition in record time of one year, has started the construction of the Samruddhi Expressway. This is the single largest project costing Rs. 55,335 crore that aims to connect the entire State from west to east.
95. My Government has also started the construction of the missing link on the Mumbai Pune Expressway comprising two tunnels of 11 kms length and two via ducts of 2 kms length at a cost of Rs. 6,695 crore.
96. To improve connectivity with the city of Mumbai, my Government has also commenced the construction of Thane Creek Bridge-3 costing Rs. 776 crore.
97. My Government has been successful in converting 17,749 kms of State Highways into National Highways, which will help in improving quality and standard of these roads. A project costing Rs. 25,000 crore has been approved and work is in progress.
98. Looking to the effectiveness of Metro Rail as a solution to the burgeoning traffic problem, my Government has decided to accelerate the implementation of various projects, measuring approximately 270 kms in Metropolitan Regions of Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur, at a cost of over Rs.1 lakh crore.
99. To upgrade Mumbai Suburban Rail System, my Government has approved MUTP-3A project costing around Rs. 55,000 crore, which will be implemented by Government of Maharashtra and Ministry of Railways on 50:50 cost sharing basis.
100. My Government has prepared Regional Plans for 16 districts on a fast track basis by using advanced technology within a short span of 18 months. With this, the entire rural area of the State is covered.
101. My Government has completed the construction of a multipurpose jetty terminal in Karanja creek in Raigad district under PPP mode through Maharashtra Maritime Board, with the total cargo handling capacity of 14 MMT and project cost of Rs. 1,300 crore.
102. It is decided to construct new godowns under Public Distribution System in the State under NABARD’s “Rural Infrastructure Development Fund.” Under this programme, administrative approval has been given to 239 godowns having capacity of about 3.47 lakh MT Out of these, construction of 178 godowns having capacity of 2.42 lakh MT is completed.
103. Under the “Chhatrapati Rajaram Maharaj Udyojakata va Kaushalya Vikas Abhiyan,” my Government has declared 3 schemes through Annasaheb Patil Aarthik Magas Vikas Mahamandal. Under “Individual Interest Reimbursement Scheme,” Letters have been issued to 36,000 applicants and Loans of Rs. 80 crore have been disbursed with credit guarantee by the Corporation. My Government has infused Rs. 100 crore equity into the Mahamandal and has decided to enhance it to Rs.400 crore.
104. A special project for skilling in agriculture sector for 2.82 lakh farmers is being implemented by my Government under ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ initiative by Government of India. This skilling initiative is unprecedented in its scale.
105. My Government has played a big role in the improvement of World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business ranking for the country from 100 to 77.
106. In order to achieve US $ 1 Trillion economy by 2025, my Government is preparing a new Industrial Policy with the objective of creating 60 lakh new employment and attracting an investment to the tune of Rs.10 lakh crore.
107. In compliance of the Textile Policy declared by my Government last year, a concession in power tariff ranging from Rs. 2 to Rs. 3.77 has been extended to Co-operative and private spinning mills, knitting, hosiery, garmenting and other textile units in addition to power-loom units at an annual expenditure of Rs. 540 crore.
108. My Government had taken a decision to develop the Nagpur Airport to international standards through PPP.
109. After declaration of “Fintech Policy” in 2018, my Government has signed MOUs with Singapore and Bahrain to provide greater market access for start-ups. My Government has launched a multi partner accelerator program for selected start-ups.
110. My Government has decided to use Block Chain technology in the areas of land records, vehicle registration, maintenance of health records, etc., to improve governance.
111. To bridge the digital divide in rural areas, my Government in partnership with Government of India, has launched Bharat Net and Maha Net providing fiber connectivity to 27,866 Gram Panchayats across the State. My Government is further providing e-Governance Services to citizens in urban areas, through Urban Maha Net.
112. My Government has constituted “Raigad Fort and Area Development Authority” and sanctioned a development plan worth Rs. 606 crore aimed to undertake conservation and repair work of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s capital.
113. My Government has provided Rs. 100 crore for setting up Balasaheb Thackeray Rashtriya Smarak at Dadar, Mumbai.
114. My Government has successfully conducted the National Sports Games “Khelo India Youth Games 2019” in collaboration with Central Government at Balewadi Sports Complex, Pune, for under 17 and under 21 sports-person. I am proud to say that Maharashtra secured first place by winning 228 medals.
115. My Government has taken up conservation and maintenance of 28 State protected Forts of Maharashtra under the Forts Conservation and Maintenance Project, with an investments Rs. 124 crore.
116. My Government has decided to celebrate the year 2018-19 as the Birth Centenary year of the great P. L. Deshpande, G.D. Madgulkar and Sudhir Phadke.
Hon’ble Members, during the present Session you have to consider Supplementary Demands for the year 2018-19, Interim Budget for the year 2019-2020, Vote on Account, and other urgent Government business, which may be brought before you for consideration.
I wish your deliberation in this Session every success.
Jai Hind ! Jai Maharashtra !